Vaccine side effects that the IOM admits
Vaccines Have Serious Side Effects - The Institute of Medicine Says So!
September 27, 2011 |
By Dr. Mercola
As I have long stated, and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) now admits:"Vaccines are not free from side effects, or "adverse effects""This admission came after a review of more than 1,000 vaccine studies, which was intended to assess the scientific evidence in the medical literature about specific adverse events associated with eight vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); varicella (chickenpox); influenza; hepatitis A; hepatitis B; HPV; diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (DtaP); and meningococcal. The adverse events selected for IOM review were ones for which people had submitted vaccine injury claims to the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). A convincing causal relationship was found for 14 adverse events and certain vaccines.
14 Dangerous Side Effects Linked to Vaccination, IOM Report Says
In the first comprehensive safety review in nearly two decades, the Institute of Medicine found convincing scientic evidence for a causal relationship between certain vaccines and serious adverse health outcomes. This includes:Chickenpox Vaccine
- Vaccine strain varicella zoster infection after vaccination without other organ involvement;
- Vaccine strain varicella zoster infection and subsequent infection resulting in pneumonia, encephalitis, meningitis or hepatitis in individuals with demonstrated immunodeficiences;Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) Vaccine
- Measles inclusion body encephalitis
- Febrile seizures, a type of seizure that occurs in infants and young children in association with fever
- Short-term joint pain (arthralgia) in children and womenOther findings revealed:
- Six types of vaccines -- MMR, varicella zoster (chickenpox), influenza, hepatitis B, meningococcal, and tetanus-containing vaccines -- are linked to anaphylaxis (severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction). The HPV vaccine was also linked to anaphylaxis in yeast-sensitive individuals.
- Injection of any vaccine in general can lead to sudden fainting (syncope) and symptoms of deltoid bursitis, or shoulder inflammation
- Two Canadian flu vaccines were linked to oculo-respiratory syndrome characterized by conjunctivitis, facial swelling, and mild respiratory symptoms.
- Scientific research suggests that many people, who experience an adverse reaction to vaccines, have individual susceptibility that can make them at higher risk for experiencing acute and chronic health problems after vaccination due to biodiversity (genetic variations) within populations; age at the time of vaccination; immune deficiencies; coinciding infections/illnesses; and other environmental exposures, (such as toxins, traumas).
Too Little Evidence Available to Effectively Evaluate Most Side Effects
Despite conclusive findings by IOM linking certain vaccines to brain inflammation, febrile seizures and potentially life-threatening infections like pneumonia and meningitis in susceptible individuals, most of the media headlines about the IOM’s 600-page report are spinning the reports conclusions and stating that “few adverse effects are caused by the vaccines reviewed in this report.”The truth is that the IOM Committee came to this startling conclusion, which they admitted openly and that is:"For the vast majority, (135 vaccine-adverse event pairs), the evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship."In other words, for the majority of side effects and health conditions that have occurred in conjunction with vaccinations, they simply have no idea whether the vaccine caused the problem or not. In fact, the IOM Committee warned that there should be no misinterpretation of the fact that they DO NOT KNOW whether or not more than 100 very serious reported health problems linked to the eight vaccines they studied are caused by those vaccines. In most cases, the Committee was unable to come to a conclusion because there are no or very few scientific studies investigating the reported vaccine-related adverse event or the studies, which are published in the medical literature, are methodologically flawed in some way.And isn’t this precisely the problem? The current vaccination schedule is a one-size-fits-all approach that has never been proven safe!