Health: Need we believe the experts?
We live in a world where our ideas are shaped not by our observation and experience but by a body of people who claim to have access to the truth through their education and degrees. They dictate the terms.
In the case of health what are our expectations?
- We want to be healthy at physical, mental, and spiritual levels (Optimal health as defined by the WHO)
- We want to be in charge of our health
- We want to be cured of illnesses when they occur
- Expenses should be the minimum
What is our observation and experience?
- No one is healthy
- People are suffering from multiple co morbidities
- Children today are as sick as adults if not more
- The disease list is growing (CDC list is 10k+)
- There is a steady deterioration in health
- The above results in proliferation of doctors and hospitals on which we have to depend
- People are burdened by medical expenses which takes away a major chunk of their income
- The insurance method of health care is ripping off people
- Governments are controlled by Pharma
But what do the experts tell us?
- It is normal to be sick
- Chronic disease is inevitable
- Cures are impossible
- Disease management is the only option
- Health care is inevitably costly
- Big Pharma knows best and is our saviour
- We need to consume drugs and injections for life
- We are being served scientific medicine
- Except for that brand the rest is quackery
- Questioning and dissenting is a crime
- Naturopathy as the basis of health and treatment
- The right understanding about acute illnesses
- Safe food and nutrition
- Physical exercise
- Following the circadian rhythm
- Safe and clean environment
- Exposure to the elements
- Physical and mental hygiene
- Morality and ethics
- Sustainable livelihoods and income
- Naturally designed cities and housing
- Knowledge of genuine health and healing to be a part of education