Basic Determinants of Health
We are suffering because we have
ignored the basic determinants of health. What are they?
- Food and nutrition
- Physical exercise
- Following the circadian rhythm
- Physical hygiene
- Mental hygiene & discipline
- Morality and ethics
- Safe and non toxic environment
- Clean water and air
- Fertility of the soil
- Adequate vegetation and forest
- Caring after the animal kingdom,
birds and bees
- Safe and sustainable livelihoods
- Adopting earth and life friendly
- Poverty reduction and equitable
distribution of wealth
- Designing habitats that are natural
and take care of sanitation and waste recycling
- Man making, nature loving, eco
friendly, holistic education
Why does scientific medicine shy away
from these issues?
Just adding the word science to
medicine does not make it scientific. Science should show results in terms of
healthy populations full of vitality and happiness.
Medicine cannot emerge from
laboratories. It comes from the factors described above.
The human body is a dynamic
biological entity that is geared to ensure life, longevity and health. That it
is failing is reflection of our errors.